Chilling along the Han River (Yeouido)


I have to say, a month of summer in Korea can get really boring when you can't do anything. I'm not a good cycler, so I decided to take a day to practice again at the Yeouido Hangang Park.



Directions: Take the train to Line 5 Yeouinaru Station and exit from Exits 1 or 2.

Bicycles are available for rental at kiosks facing exits 1 and 2. Walk either way and you'll find the rental. Starting fee is KRW3,000 for a single rider and KRW6,000 for an advanced or 2-seater bike. For single bikes, every consequent 15 minutes will cost you KRW500, which comes up to KRW2,000 an hour. There are convenience stores around, so don't worry about water.

The Yeouido section of the Han river is one of my favorites because I get to see families enjoying the summer either at the pool facility or the public fountains. Cycling along, you get to move with automobile traffic to another part of Seoul. The Han river bridges are somewhat bicycle-friendly, so you can cycle across the river to the north part of Seoul.

SUNGGYU WAS HERE. Lol

Another thing about Yeouido park is their stream that amazingly has cold water despite the intense heat. I like to soak my feet there after my rides to cool down.
Oh the terrible tan -.-
After my cycling, I decided to stay back for the night cruise along the river. The cruise terminals have cafes that you can rest at. I took shelter there also because of the heavy showers.

The night cruise costs KRW15,000 per person and brings you to Banpo Bridge, where the rainbow fountain show is held every night. The cruise should be around 7:30pm, so don't be late! Tickets are available at the ticket booth NEAR the ferry terminals.

During the cruise, the ferry travels with a dinner ferry where passengers have a buffet as they travel to Banpo Bridge.



If you don't want to pay for the show, just head down to Banpo Bridge! Bus 740 stops under the bridge while Express Bus Terminal is around 15 minutes away from Banpo Park.

3 Months Later

I came back to Yeouido to find the celebrity forest. It's basically an area where trees are planted because of donations and blah blah blah
Directions: From Line 9 National Assembly station exit 1, walk all the way straight and cross into park.
Maps available here.

Fanclubs like Shawol, Inspirit, Cassiopeia, ELFs, and SONEs have planted trees for their idols. I went in the winter so there was basically no forest to see. But… There's the love from fans. They decorated the tree for the festive season and to bring some life into the dead-looking.

First off, you have the SNSD forests.



 Honestly the INFINITE forest looked the most decorated and joyful.








TVXQ's forest has five trees I think but only two are named after members. I see what you did there, Cassies.



As usual, Cassies want to take over the world.
SHINee's forest looked super sad lol

And then there's Super Junior's forest with only 9(?) trees. If there are 8 trees, then it's definitely signifying their 8th anniversary.

And EXO's D.O. managed to get a tree! It's for his birthday. The team doesn't have a forest yet.


Additionally, I got to see the stream all empty!

Comments

  1. Thank you for the directions.... R u an Inspirit btw ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! I like many groups, but I'm mainly an Inspirit

      Delete
    2. OMG ! Me too .... Am guess from reading your blog ur fav member is Sunggyu ? Btw nice knowing another Inspirit ^_^

      Delete
  2. How could you ever guess my bias is Sunggyu? Haha It was cool seeing him in person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha..... I am right, then (?). Yeah, it is ! Omg he so good looking in person. Waited for them at the airport when they came down for OGS here in KL. You only been for OGS in Seoul ? I manage to twice for Spore and KL ^_^ . And am going for the encore too... Will you ?

      Delete
    2. I'm not going for the Encore sadly. I wish I could but school beckons in Singapore. I only went for the 2nd day of the Seoul concert.

      Delete
  3. Oh that's sad. So you will be back in Singapore when the time for Encore ? Hope there's next time so you can attend their concert again =) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Singapore already :) Just returned on Saturday. Yeah I'm hoping for another world tour lol

      Delete
  4. Hi sarah,

    I plan to follow you route 'Directions: Take the train to Line 5 Yeouinaru Station and exit from Exits 1 or 2'. And then follow your step to rent a bicycle. And now I'm referring to this...
    'Tickets are available at the ticket booth NEAR the ferry terminals'

    Can you explain where can i find the ferry terminal? Is it when cycling around I can see the place?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nearer to exits 3 and 4. It's like a boat dock and it has an Angel-in-us cafe. The ticket booth is across the cycling path. You can see it when you cycle on the right side of the park, but you should see it when you just arrive.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts