MMS Log 11: Staying at GD's Pension








This post is so overdue.

So my VIP friends were ahem adamant on a 2D1N at GD's pension Dolce Vita after our summer school and I was "pulled" into it. I call it a pull because I was hesitant about the price, but I loved the retreat. I was ok with one night only but... It ended up being a 3D2N lol. It's a good choice though, coz it gave one day to explore near GD's pension. I understood why the place was so expensive after seeing all the facilities for our one room.
Booking should be done a month(?) before your stay to ensure a room.



After checking out of our school in the morning, we headed off to Dong Seoul Bus Terminal and took a bus up to Pocheon via Ildong Bus Terminal. When we arrived in the afternoon, we decided to eat first and then call the pension. Across the road was a BBQ place so we had beef there for lunch.

After that, we made a call to the pension and the employee came to pick us up. Because our room had a BBQ pit, she stopped us at a mart first and guided us to buy ingredients for our dinner. We were awed by the view on the way to the pension, looking at a lake and the water sports that was going on.

You can imagine my amazement when we saw the pension. "GD's got class,"I constantly said about that place. Because there was three of us, we had to book a bigger and more expensive room that would accommodate more than 2 people. GD's rooms are name after Big Bang's hits. We had the VIP room, which was three stories high. There was our personal pool and a jacuzzi, along with the BBQ pit. There was a kitchen and the huge TV on the second floor. All amenities are provided, but there was downsides to this awesome place.

Who in the world makes the bathroom door transparent? Why bother with a door then? Also the second floor didn't seem to have good ventilation since the aircon was practically useless. We had to turn on the aircon on the third floor and hope for the greenhouse effect to lift from the living room.
Red - VIP; Yellow - Heaven

1st Floor

2nd Floor - Living Room

2nd Floor - Kitchen

2nd Floor - Pool and Pit

2nd Floor - Bathroom

2nd Floor: Jacuzzi

3rd Floor - Bedroom

3rd floor toilet (no shower) 




Greenhouse outside our place

Jolie... the bitch tried to bite me

Gaho

We arranged a timing for the employee to set up the BBQ pit and we soon headed out to look at the surroundings. Where Dolce Vita is only has pensions and a community hall. There's not much to see actually.
After dinner, my friends had a swim while I settled some academic matters(boo). After a night of rest, we headed out to the cafe for breakfast. The cafe is on the second floor of GD's personal building. Basically, we ate next to his room "Crayon". They played his live concert on the house as we ate breakfast. We could prepare our own eggs and choose from the array of breads. The cafe also had cereal and sausages, along with a choice of juices and milk.
Cafe

Crayon

During breakfast, the staff asked what we were going to do and then arranged for a taxi to bring us there. We decided on the Herb Island since Dolce Vita really had nothing to do. The ride was about an hour, and we paid around KRW25,000. We arranged a timing for the driver to pick us up too. The village was supposed to have a European feel to the place. We actually estimated more time than we needed so we resorted to a massage. It was expensive, but I could use some refreshing before my new school term. Turns out the massage place was visited by Running Man too! We had to fill in some questionnaire which was painful because it was all in Korean. After overcoming the language barrier, they brought us to a room where we would change into robes.
the spa







Changing room
Toiletries and amenities and what-not
The verdict of the massage was that it was refreshing. Having had massages in Singapore before, I would say this one is definitely different and refreshing. The peppermint oil they used for the head massage woke us up and felt cooling. The massage is according to your questionaire so everyone's massages were different.

After that, we walked in some greenhouse and encountered the Santa village. It's creepy having Santas everywhere in the middle of summer.


Customizable candles 



We walked around and found a memory village, reliving Korea in the modernization period. There were sweets from my childhood that I bought for my friends. We also visited the souvenir shop and I bought the Herb Island tea that was naturally sweet and menthol. The shop had a variety of herbal products for body care and room scents. They also had sweet household items that you could buy for your house interiors. After a long day, we were just glad to go back to the pension.
Colored candles 

Body Care

Interior Decor

The next day, we had to check out. After breakfast and packing up, the employee drove us back to Ildong Terminal where we bought bus tickets back to Seoul.

I would say that the pension gave us pleasant memories. It's one thing to enjoy nature, it's another thing to enjoy modernity and nature at the same time. His pension didn't make me feel like the modernity was out of place, but more like I was living with Nature. I don't know if you get what I mean. Anyways, beside the HELLOVA price, I loved the place a lot... And I'm not even BB-biased.

For more details and booking: http://www.dolcebita.co.kr

Comments

  1. hey do you have the addy for the massage place? :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! All I can say is that the massage place is in the Herb Island/Village. Here's the official site for some directions and details: http://visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=1051901

      Delete
  2. hello, could you tell me what is the check in and check out time in Dolce Vita? Thanks before :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check in is around 2pm check out 11am? It doesn't really matter I think. We did both things earlier than their stated timings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, wanna ask.. is there a limit (person) for 1 room? like 1 room maximum for 2 person, or can be more than 2 person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the smaller rooms like Blue have a limit of 2 people. We took VIP because they allowed maximum 4 people inside.

      Delete
    2. thanks! & how much cost for the vip room per night?

      Delete
    3. & the payment can made via paypal? and how did you communicate with Dolce Vita side after payment has been made to confirm your booking? is there any email? im going by this autumn but really need help about the reservation, payment & comfirmation matter. hope you can help me.

      Delete
    4. Sorry I don't know about the booking process because my friend did all the reservation. She's overseas so it's hard to contact her. The room rates are on the website, so you can convert it to your own currency too. Click on the room and click the "info" button on the top right hand corner. The bottom left corner is for reserving rooms. "신" means that the room is available. "대" means that the room is booked. "완" means the room has been paid for. The bank transfer details are at the bottom of the page too. Reserve before transferring the money. Looking at the booking page, it seems you need a Korean phone number for contact details.

      Delete
    5. thank you so much dear, you've helping me much :)

      Delete
  6. Hi! Ive read other blogs...GD's father was the one who picked up the guests. Werent you able to meet GD's father during your stay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, actually! The employee picked us up, but his dad surprised and helped us when we were looking for the employee. We googled his picture later and found out it was him. Friendly man; knew some English.

      Delete
  7. Hi, thanks for posting! I want to visit this pension and was wondering what it was like. Just wondering do you know if the rest of the rooms(excluding V.I.P) one floor? Also, I heard you have to be 19+.....what if you're accompanied by an adult?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm not sure which rooms are just one floor but I think there are only two one-floor rooms. As to the age limit, my friend told me that the age limit was set to avoid having too many fans as guests. He literally meant the pension to be more of a getaway rather than a celebrity site. If you are accompanied by an adult… you must be pretty young. Perhaps they will allow parent and child? You can try applying with your parent. I think for law's sake they don't want a man and a girl, you know what I mean? Unless it's your father… It's kinda complicated. I don't know their rules. But if you're with your parent I think it should be ok.

      Delete
    2. Oh, okay. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Hey! I would love to go here next month. Im visiting Korea and we would like to stay here for a night. Your blog about the pension is really fun to read! The VIP room seems very comforable. Except for the transparant bathroom door haha XD anyways i've noticed a pool on the terrace in that particular room. Do you know if it is a heated pool? Because i dont really know if the weather will be nice next month over there. Hopefully u can answer my question. Greetings from Yaira. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the pool can be heated. I know the jacuzzi can be heated but I'm not so sure about the pool. It was the summer so we loved the water. There were a lot of bugs though O.O
      The weather's gonna be nice, I believe. It's still gonna be quite cool; cooler than Seoul I think. It was cool when we went, despite the heat.

      Delete
  9. Ahh i hope the weather is going to be nice. Ok so I've booked the room but do you know how much is the deposit is? I cant find any information. I don't know how to pay lol and if i don't pay my deposit within 2 days the room will be cancelled :( :( do you have any idea. Or do they have an email or something lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I can't find any place that states how much is the deposit. My friend is overseas also so I can't contact her fast enough. My suggestion is to just submit the whole amount if you can. If my friend manages to reply me soon, I'll try to get some details. If not, go with my suggestion. And apparently they email you after you've put in the deposit? \o.O/

      Delete
  10. can i know the price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prices would vary according to the season. Check their site for details! http://www.dolcebita.co.kr

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts