Exploring Apgujung-Rodeo

I didn't really expect so many views for my Ewha food suggestions! So I thought I'd do one for Gangnam foods. I went there a lot last month and ate at a few places. I'll keep this place updated too!
Just a note: Gangnam is technically not a station. "Gangnam" means "river-south", which is a lot of area. So for this post, I'll focus on Apgujung-Rodeo. Besides the buildings of huge designer brands on the main street, this area is known for the celebrity cafes and cafes recommended by bloggers.


1. Butterfingers Pancakes (Apgujung-Rodeo Branch)

There's been this hype that foreigners HAVE to eat the western food called Butterfingers. It was not bad, although the Mac & Cheese let us down that day. It's apparently usually good, my friend had told me. I had the KRW21,800 Split Decision Plate that included double of sausage, pancakes, eggs, and bacon. There is a choice of eggs, butter, and syrup. I chose Honey Vanilla butter with maple syrup and scrambled for my eggs. That butter was gold. I guess Butterfingers can be my getaway for some Western food, although the price might be steep. I split it with my friend for KRW19,000 each? So that comes up to KRW38,000 then. We had ordered an orange juice, the Split Decision, and the KRW6,000 Mac & Cheese. It's expensive, that's why it's a getaway -not happening often.
The queue made reviewers dissatisfied, but I'd say that's the price for coming to a tourist spot.
I sadly cannot find any of my pictures, so check out this blog for more! Link: lacymamosa

Update: I went back recently for the pancakes and hash brown. Check it out!
OJ Pitcher KRW13,000
Buttermilk Pancakes KRW4,900
Hash Brown KRW3,600
Directions: From Apgujung-RODEO station, come out from exit 6 and walk to the third junction. At the third junction, turn left and walk down a block. Butterfingers is on your left.


2. Jaejoong's Coffee Cojjee

So I've been to the salon Red Carpet a few times, but I've never stayed long enough to try the drinks at Coffee Cojjee, which is on the first floor of the building. This place was strategically opened by JYJ's Jaejoong, considering how fans would stalk the stars visiting Red Carpet. Kudos to the man! He knows business. I decided to accompany my friends and study at Coffee Cojjee to actually experience the cafe.
Like the rumors had suggested, the coffee wasn't that great. I went on a Tuesday so there was not much of a crowd^^ As if to continue my BTOB luck, I saw Ilhoon and Eunkwang coming to get their hair done. So if you want to stalk, come on a music program day. If not, some stars will still come because of other schedules. So far besides BTOB and A-jax, I've seen Troublemaker, Doojoon, Boyfriend, Hongki, and JUNSU. XIAH JUNSU. If you're not a kpop fan, don't even bother about this cafe. Sorry Jaejoong fans, but this place is just no.
Map/Directions: From Apgujeong-RODEO Station on Line 3, come out from Exit 3. Walk straight until you see SM Trainee Centre opposite you and turn right into the alley. At the second corner, turn left. Walk on until you see Coffee Cojjee or Red Carpet signs.
Directions:

______

3. Donghae's Grill5Taco



Super Junior's Donghae had decided to jump on the SJ Entrepreneur Ship and decided to open up a taco shop. Since I was around the area, I decided to try it for lunch.
**Note: Grill5Taco is closing in late 2016 because the lease is up. Donghwa is venturing into the Taiwan and Japan market after this.


KRW10,000 Burrito meal
(1 Burrito only)
KRW7,000 Tacos
Le chicken Burrito
I wouldn't say it's super impressive. I felt that it was globalized coz my chicken burrito tasted soy sauce marinate. And the rice is Asian rice. Is it bad though? Nope. I felt happy eating it. The tacos were disappointing because well, look at it! It's a sad piece of KRW7,000!
I wanted to take a picture with Donghwa, but he didn't want to  :( Whatever happened to "wanting to know ELFs" #angst lol. Anyways, my friends had told me that SJ just returned to Korea and that I should wait around. I couldn't because of night activities so we left after the rain had subsided. We were walking to JYP when Donghae tweeted lol. We couldn't care less and walked on. I thought it was a good thing, since the ELFs flooded the place and  he only stayed apparently for a minute? Lame.
If you're looking for something non-Korean in Gangnam, you can try this. But I wouldn't expect anything too great from this place.
Direction from Coffee Cojjee is in red. Directions from Apgujung-RODEO is in blue. Get out at Apgujung-RODEO exit 6.

_______

4. CUBE Cafe


Say you're into stalking but not terrible coffee. And you are a huge 4Minute, B2ST, BTOB, M4M, Roh Jihoon, or G.NA fan. Then CUBE Cafe is your thing. I'd recommend the Goguma Latte at this place. Coming to Korea, you NEED to try Goguma Latte. Stuff's legit.
Goguma Latte KRW4,500
Cup holders change with latest comebacks
Directions (Gotta love Naver): From Apgujung-RODEO Station, come out from Exit 3 and keep walking up and down the slope. After the slope turns right, look out for a Shinhan Bank. Cross the road and walk pass it. Keep walking until you see JYP Entertainment on your left. Keep walking straight and you'll see the white cube with the cafe and studio.

_________




I'll do more when I have time! As you can see, it's all Kpop related. That's the thing about Apgujung-Rodeo: you're either here for the brands or the bands.

Comments

Popular Posts