Gyeongbukgung at Night



I've actually written about my visit to Seoul's main palace in a previous post. But it's my night visit that I will write about. During Fall, the Korean Tour Organization will open a certain section of Gyeongbukgung for nighttime viewing. I think because of traffic in the previous years, KTO has organized for only 1500 visitors per night. Only 55 foreigner tickets were allowed in the foreigner queue. Of course, you can try the normal queue, which caters to only 300 tickets.
Certain buildings will be lit up to shine beautifully in the darkness.






They have traditional performances that I believe is run according to the traditional royal performance schedule -one dance per dish or something. I don't know why the Royal Secretary keeps yelling about a third cup or fourth serving before each dance.

For the day visit's price of KRW3000, it's debatable if the price is right. I mean, I only saw three palace buildings. But the view at night makes it special to me.


[Tip!] I got vain and wanted photos outside the palace. During the "photoshoot", my friend caught two wings created by the light. Try it for yourselves!
Ordinary

Extraordinary
 See the wings? Try it!

Comments

Popular Posts