Line 9 Last Stop: Sinnonhyeon

Sinnonhyeon… doesn't have much. It's close to Gangnam, so it's my usual station at Gangnam because my hostel is on Line 9. Like how Gangnam is usually known for cafes, Sinnonhyeon has a few things to offer, though not much.

1. Harris Coffee Park


This place was introduced to me by a friend. She had returned into Seoul at my request before she left Korea and she brought me to this place. A friend of hers had been working at this place and she had come once. The food was fantastic and I believed her. It was Western; I'd take what I could get.
Harris Coffee Park is a cafe-slash-restaurant. It was number 6 on CNN's list of brunch places in Seoul. The setting is like a cafe, but the serving is like a restaurant. They had recently changed the menu, but I remember dishes like salads, pasta (cream, oil, and red), steaks, and desserts. Man, were they good! We wanted only a steak and dessert, but he insisted on more (his farewell treat for her) and we were spoilt for choice. He basically just asked for our pasta reference and voila! 
WARNING: Though an Australian "themed"restaurant, ordering is done at the counter as you pay for it. Also, the staff at the counter don't really speak English. THey didn't know what "receipt" was when I asked for it.



Apple Ricotta Chicken Salad KRW13,500

Seafood Pomodoro KRW14,500

Sirloin steak with mushroom, garlic, and greens

Apple on toast and Pineapple on waffle
Everything was satisfactory. There is a major shortage of fruits in my Korea living because of the price, and this meal just replenished us so well. There were plenty of fruits in our salad and dessert. The steak was well done, as in perfectly cooked to the medium we wanted. Olios may be boring but this olio satisfied us with the flavor from the ingredients. I don't remember touching the bread much because it would fill us up. We had chamomile tea after, to help with digestion.
This place is pricey, after all it's Western in Gangnam. But for KRW12,000 you can get their signature brunch set which I will say is more value-for-money than Butterfingers, especially considering the crowd. I will say that this was recommendation from an employee and I'm not sure if the dessert is actually on the menu. It should be. But the other dishes are, and they are fab.
Will I go back? Maybe, probably. When I have Western cravings, that is.

ALSO, Harris has a pasta of the day that they serve for KRW9,900. Considering their taste, I'd say it's a steal!

[Update] I went for Western cravings and decided on Fish n Chips. I should have stuck with the online recommendations eh? Anyways, the Fish n Chips is one of their recommendations so I tried it. I liked that the food wasn't oily and they had a tasty salad with the dish. The batter was the flat, light batter so don't expect no beer batter! The fish was obviously not not fresh, but I don't think it's fresh either. All I know is that the meat isn't all watery and mushy, but it doesn't melt either. The fries weren't oily so I was happy. But I got sick of the food soon. Maybe I let my food get too cold? The tartar sauce wasn't TOO tangy, but I added lemon in my tartar anyways keke.
Fish n Chips KRW12,000


[More updates]
Salmon Cream Pasta KRW14,500

Bread Pudding KRW6,000(?)

Honey Dipping Cheese Bread & Beef Egg Breakfast
KRW13,000



Directions: From Line 9 Sinnonhyeon Station exit 4, walk straight to the second alley. You should see Harris the moment you turn in.
The cafe has valet parking! Don't worry about not having anywhere to park your car, though lunch hours might see difficulties for the valet to get your car in and out of the basement.

______

2. Take Urban


My friend had brought me here before the dinner. We were catching up and looking for a mani-pedi place lol. Take Urban is a cafe with drinks and desserts. You'll find a lot of foreigners here who take a rest when they tour Gangnam. Alternatively, you'll find plenty of business workers during the lunch break. If I were to introduce this place to my friends, two things come to me: 
1) In Running Man, Jihyo had to look for Gary who was at a cafe and she apparently peered in and found him? This is the cafe. 
2) CITRUS SORBET. I LOVED IT. My friend had a drink while I had ice cream. The Vanilla wasn't great, I think because the Citrus Sorbet overpowered it. But nevertheless, the Vanilla had some Vanilla authenticity. The Citrus Sorbet is basically the famous Korean Citrus jam being made into a sorbet. The taste was strong, and sour like a citrus sorbet. It's definitely refreshing and ideal for the hot summer. But who's to say it's not awesome for winter too? I need to go back there soon.
[Update] I went back there. No ice cream in the winter. D:
3) Apparently, their Praffe's are good, whatever that is. I told my friends about this cafe and they visited it for themselves. My friend ordered the Citrus Praffe and she thought it was a delight.

The cafe is good for the ambience too. There is the front, back, and outside of the cafe, so it depends on how private you want to get. I liked their idea of having a wires hanging random pictures and lights, giving the cafe some naturalness to the place.

Directions: From Line 9 Sinnonhyeon Station exit 3, turn around and walk to the left. The building is hole-y, and the cafe is on the first floor. 
Naver: http://map.naver.com/local/siteview.nhn?code=18511932

Comments

Popular Posts