Princess Diaries


Well, that's the name of the cafe. But honestly I think it should be named Wedding Diaries Cafe. I'll explain.



Princess Diaries Cafe is a cafe that lets you rent dresses for KRW10,000-KRW40,000 for half an hour, a little more for the full hour. You wear it, take photos, pose, and return the dress. If you'd like, there is a suit variety available for your male partner. The thing about these dresses is that they are either hanboks or wedding dresses. Nothing princess-y about the dresses, I'd say. And the dresses aren't spectacularly up-to-date either. They look a little old and dirty. The dress I picked was pretty basic. But I say it's a good experience, knowing half of what brides go through on their big day.





First, pick a drink. As you wait for your drink, go ahead and look at the array of dresses.
Average drink: KRW8,000



After choosing your dress, enjoy your drink and get yourself ready -make yourself up. The workers at the cafe will then help you to get dressed. Don't worry about your bra. They have these awesome bra thingies that hide your bra straps. If you're worried about the dress length, they have heels for you. If you're worried about the dress size, these dresses are made for any size. No worries!
The worker will place a tiara on your hair and voila! You're a princess! I mean a bride! I mean- you get what I mean.


The cafe has several prop spots for your variety of photos. And the piano didn't sound bad when we played it. If you go at the right timing, the employee will even help you with the photos and poses.

Arranged Marriages?



It was fun being a bride for half an hour. But the backache was something else. I guess my posture sucks lol. This place is not big or spectacular, but we made the most out of our 30 minutes. It was interesting, for me.

Directions: From Line 2 Ewha Womens University station exit 3, walk until you see Juno Hair above a shop called Able+. Turn right into the alley and walk to the first building on the right. Princess Diaries Cafe is on the third floor.

Comments

Popular Posts