Korean Folk Village (Yongin, Gyeonggi-do)



So many posts, so little time!

For the first field trip in the Ewha Summer School Session 1, the school took us to the Korean Folk Village in Yongin, Gyeonggi-do, which is an hour outside of Seoul. The Korean Village gives tourists the chance to see how the Koreans had lived before Westernisation both in the Korean peninsula and on Jeju Island.



Korea's Cow
Merchant's Home

Outdoor stove

Them Koreans been small

Rich Man's house (part of it)

I love nature

I love walking through nature

There were bamboo wives for you to hug

Traditional game. I rocked.


This village is known for being the filming site of many Korean dramas like Jewels in the Palace, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Rooftop Prince, Moon Embraces the Sun, King and I, Arang the Magistrate and Doctor Jin

Some of the dramas

Jewels in the Palace

The sauce story in JitP

Yoochun's poor head

Information about filming site

It was only when I reached the inside that I realized this was the filming location for INFINITE's Ranking King horror episode too! SPAZZ. So seeing the place in the day was a little scary for me, especially at the jail. Knowing the place from the episode, I basically knew what some places had to offer.

Final destination of the episode race
Autographs for the episode
The stupid things I do for Oppar
Ride B (the museum) was not as scary. There were just mannequins popping out when you pressed the button.
I wouldn't do it even for Oppar
This ride (Ride A) is the haunted house that INFINITE went through. I guess it's more shocking than scary. Both ride tickets are to be bought separately for KRW2,500 each at the ticket booth.

Do watch out for the traditional performances too! They have musical performances, tightrope performances, equestrian performances, and the bridal ceremony. I missed the bridal ceremony because I was looking for my missing handphone D: 





Regarding food, there is a local marketplace within the village so you can experience eating in a village. Because of my phone detour, we ate at a restaurant near the entrance of the village. We ate at Korean Restaurant (literally).

Seafood Hot Stone Bibimbap KRW9,000

AWESOME Mung Bean Jeon KRW 9,000

Beef tongue soup KRW 9,000 (Not as tasty)

Ticket admission is KRW15,000 for adults and KRW12,000 for youths(13-18).

Directions: 
[Subway + Bus]
1) Gangnam Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 10. Take bus 5001-1 to Korean Folk Village.
2) Yeouido Station (Seoul Subway Line 5), Exit 6. Take bus 7007-1 to Korean Folk Village 3-way Junction.
3) Suwon Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 4. Take bus 10-5 or 37 to Korean Folk Village.
[Shuttle Bus] 
- From Folk Village Office in front of Suwon Station to Korean Folk Village 
- Schedule: runs 5 times a day/ 10:30, 12:30, 14:30 (30min-ride)



Comments

Popular Posts