MMS Log 5: K-craze

So today, I brought my friends to the Big 4. Yes, it's the Big 4 now: SMEnt, JYPEnt, YG, and CUBE. Maybe the Big 5: SM, JYP, YG, CUBE, and EYK.



First, we headed to YG Teddy's cafe. Teddy's cafe, I believe, is from the Twosome Place franchise, so you can expect the same food at any other branch. Although he does have a selection of special drinks, though I'm not sure if they are available elsewhere.
Directions: From Hongdae Station Exit 9, walk towards the Hongik University main gate. At the junction, cross the road to the university and turn left. It's a black building with a white outline T on it.
Alcohol in Teddy's Punch 
The food was awesome! The foods had rich flavour. The coffees were stronger than most cafes. Their Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwich had a little taste of lemon to compliment the lettuce and salad. Their iced Cafe Mocha had strong mix of coffee and chocolate.
Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwich KRW6,000
Ice Cafe Mocha KRW4,900

Cafe Affogato Bingsoo KRW9,800

Black Toast Panini Beef Pastrami KRW6,500
Plain Greek Yoghurt & Granola KRW5,500

Then we went to EatYourKimchi's studio. It was awesome seeing it for ourselves!
Directions: From Twosome+, walk back toward Hongik Uni and pass it until you see nb2 or Monster Pizza. You should be passing Hongdae Park on the way there. EYK Studio is opposite nb2 and above Monster Pizza.

From EYK, we walked to YG Building. Bad idea. My suggestion: walk back to Hongdae Station and take a train.
Directions


From YG, we took a cab to SM. We got off at the Rodeo Street and walked up to SMTown.

Tip: If you see MCM, walk a bit further and cross the road. SMTown usually has some giant poster.

From SM, we walked down to JYPEnt.

*whispers* "JYP"

Then we saw CUBE Building.


And CUBE Studio. I finally got to enter CUBE Cafe. It was closed last year when I went there.
Directions: Stand on the road in front of JYP Building. With JYP on your left, walk down the street a little and find this building.
Merchandise on sale
More Merch
Sweet Potato Latte KRW4,500
 I found a pop art garden outside the building. It was empty and quiet, so it scared me when the back door opened and a guy stepped out.


And then I saw this guy.
Mr. NamShin

No kidding. I got only one puny shot of him when he went into the van. The lady didn't allow me to shoot.
Tiny NamShin at le back
Sarah D was so moved by our encounter that she bought his merchandise.
B2uty and proud
Here's a joke: Some guy arrived at CUBE Studio with managers and cordi noonas, and I gasped. When Sarah's mother asked who it was, I confessed that I didn't know. LOL He had blonde and blue hair. Help? He looked like Hyunseung but it wasn't him. Lavinia was in the toilet where the restricted area was. She didn't even know which one was the star lol


After that, I headed for a church conference. It's the IGNITE Conference 2013 hosted by Third Wave Ministry. If you're looking for a English church, join them!

There was still some time before the beginning of the conference so I headed for dinner. I found this whole street of Japanese eateries. I walked into GoRamen and dined there. Their marinates and recipes are self invented so it's the store's unique flavour. It was quite good.
I think the chefs are One Piece fans
And kind people to provide pins for hair trouble
뢀타동 KRW7,000 Rice and Pork
Directions: From Shinchon Crystal Church, turn left and walk down the alley. Just find the store with One Piece merchandise.

Comments

  1. It could be one of the members of another boy group under CUBE, BTOB. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had blue hair so it wasn't BTOB or Hyunseung :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts