MMS Log 3: Cultures

What a day. We spent the whole day at the cultural heart of Seoul -at Gwanghamun and Insadong. I finally got a good tour of Gyeongbokgung and saw all the quarters... Well, almost all. The kitchen was under restoration so we couldn't see it. But the visit just reminds me of the incredibility of the Korean Royal family.




Royal banquets held here

Mama and babies!


Lotus palace?
After lunch at the nearby Kyobo bookstore cafeteria, we headed to Insadong for shopping before seeing Gwanghwamun at night. 

I wanted to bring my friends to the famous Miss Lee Cafe for the lunchbox and shaved ice.
Directions: Miss Lee Cafe is located near Anguk Station Exit 5, above the GS25 about 100m straight from the exit.
Miss Lee Cafe 2012
Patbingsoo: ice, ice cream, gummies, nuts and fruits 
leave a letter!

Sadly, Miss Lee wasn't Halal so I couldn't introduce the lunchbox to my friends. Fair warning to my muslim friends: there's pork in the lunchbox and gummies in the patbingsoo.

We headed back to Gwanghwamun after finding out about the menu so that I could bring them to my favorite Naengmyeon restaurant. It had my favorite kind of Naengmyeon -the acorn jelly kind.
묵국수 (Mukguksu)
Acorn Jelly, lettuce, seaweed, kimchi, cucumber and rice(?)

Sadly, the shop was no more there. Sigh. We just ate at the Japanese restaurant that took over my naengmyeon love. I ordered the Bulgogi Udon.
Bulgogi Udon (8,000)

Not bad. If you're looking for a quick bite, you can pop by. I don't remember any pork dishes.
Directions: Facing Mr. General, cross the light on your left towards Aritaum cosmetic shop. The japanese restaurant is right above Auritaum; the stairs on the right.
All Udon are KRW8,000.


Mr General at night (2012)
Of course, what is Korea without a concert?

After dinner, we headed over to Cheonggyecheon, a stream that runs through the city.
Cheonggyecheon by day
Taken in 2012
Cheonggyecheon by night

Taken in 2013
I was glad about the visit, mainly because I saw what I wanted to do in Korea.
keke We think he saw me taking the photo so he
changed his playing posture

Before coming to Korea, I wanted to buy a guitar in Seoul and go to some park to play by myself. This guy really showed me the fun of my desired solidarity.

 Mission: get a guitar.


Comments

Popular Posts