MMS Log 1: Korea 2013

Arrived in Seoul yesterday at 6am with Lavinia, Sarah D, and Sarah's mother.


The ride on Korean Air was turbulent and the squeaky chairs made us feel insecure. Well, a looong and tedious trip to Shinchon Hostel and we are finally settled in! We walked around Shinchon first, though, because we were too early for check-in.

We got SIM cards at the basement of Yonsei's SK Global hostel. The setup fees were 40,000 and the credit was 40,000. I paid an extra 11,000 for 500MB of data and unlimited olleh wifi. I haven't tried it yet since the card takes at least 2 days to work.
I recommend getting your phone line with Free T, coz I believe it's easier to top up your card. All you have to do is transfer money into the bank account and it's refilled, unlike other prepaid cards where you have to go to a shop and pay for the refill. I top-up my card mainly by buying the data when it runs out, coz every time I buy the data, my card's expiration is prolonged by a month. Try Yonsei's SK Global! Or some other shops that offer an easy application for foreigners.

We had our dose of Ewha and Yonsei University scenery before some Krispi Kreme. Then we got lost ㅋㅋ We finally got a T-Money card and rode on the Subway from Shinchon back to Ewha University. We reached back around 1pm and then moved up to our rooms. Our luggages were heavy and the employee Jay had to carry it up one floor to the elevator :( Sorry Jay! After resting til the evening, we explored the nightlife of Shinchon, mostly around the Ewha area. Cosmetics were a given, considering the shops are EVERYWHERE. And then....


COFFEE BOY CAFE! I can't believe I found this cafe dedicated(?) to the indie singer Coffee Boy커피소년. I liked his song and his voice so I was really excited to go up.


The cafe was cute and cosy.

Directions: Seoul, Seodaemun-gu, Daehyun-dong 56-68
Exit from Ewha University Subway Station Exit 1 and walk down that street. Turn right at Missha and walk down 4 junctions. At the fifth junction, turn right and look out for the cafe name. It's on the second floor so take the stairs up. The cafe is diagonally opposite a noodle restaurant.


Lavinia and I ordered Affogato while Sarah D and her mother ordered honey toast and an Americano. The Affogato was cool! This was my first time having an Affogato so I had no idea what it would be. The Affogato I had in East Timor was WAY different.

 Affogato is served!
Affogato is attacked.
Honey Toast
The honey toast was apparently very sweet. I don't like whipped cream, so I sat out of this tasting.

After that, I suggested a trip to Dongdaemun because I had energy and it was only 9pm. We got tired on the way there. I bought a skirt for KRW10,000 and then we went home. The clothes are similar to last year's clothes. Hmmm but there are more neon clothes now.

It was quite a day for me: turbulence, handling luggage on uneven roads, eating, then shopping. But all was good. Quite an amount covered in a day. Our body clocks are super messed up right now.


Comments

Popular Posts